Learn to Dance - exciting holidays at TLH Leisure Resort in Torquay
If you've been excited by Abbey & Aljaz dancing the Tango, Sophie and Brendan's interpretation of the Foxtrot or by any of the other dances performed on this year's series, then a "Learn to Dance" holiday here in Torquay will give you the encouragement and skills you need to take your first steps with confidence. It’s a great social pastime and great fun. You can choose from:
- Argentine Tango (not for complete beginners - dancers must have some Argentine Tango experience)
- Ballroom & Latin
- American Smooth
- Belly Dancing
TLH Dancing Holidays - learn with the experts
Our "Learn to Dance" holidays are aimed at different levels of ability and feature different dance styles. Over the next few monthsyou can choose from Ballroom and Latin, American Smooth and Belly Dancing.
All our Learn to Dance holidays provide:
- Experienced hosts and dance teachers - including some former world champions.
- Welcome drinks reception to set the mood and give you the opportunity to meet your fellow dancers and get to know your hosts.
- Dancing in one of our four fabulous ballrooms.
- Daytime teaching sessions to enable you to develop and improve techniques
- Evening dancing - the time for you to put what you have learned into practice and have some fun in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Dinner, bed and breakfast in one of our 3 star hotels.
New - Strictly Beginners Weekends in June 2014
Professional dance teachers, Philip & Kathryn Hurst, will take you through the basics on these weekend breaks designed for complete beginners. Philip is also now the official compere for Blackpool Tower Ballroom. You'll get to try Ballroom & Latin Dances including the waltz, foxtrot, quickstep, rumba, samba and cha cha.
Learn to Belly Dance - 27 Feb - 1 March 2014
An amazing opportunity to learn something new and exciting with international belly dance teacher Afra al Kahira. Afra will teach some of the most common movements used in all styles of belly dance, by the end of your break you will be able to put all of your skills learnt over the weekend together to perform a routine. This is also a really enjoyable way to keep fit.
Dancing Holidays - which level is right for you?
These holidays are exclusively for complete beginners and are perfect if you are taking to the dance floor for the first time. You'll learn to dance in a relaxed atmosphere and have some fun with like-minded people. Go home with new dance steps and impress your friends and family.
These holidays are aimed at dancers who already have some basic experience and would like to improve on their techniques.
This is the next step forward if you want to improve your style and develop your technique.
The Next Step
Take a look at our online Breaks Diary for details about all of our Learn to Dance holidays.
If you're not sure which holiday is right for you then call Linda on 01803 400147. (Office hours Mon - Thu 9.00am-5.00pm) She can guide you through the dance breaks available to help you pick the one's that suit you best.
Call our Private Reservations Team to check availability and for bookings - 01803 400500.
Mon - Fri: 8.00am-9.00pm .
Sat & Sun: 8.00am -8.00pm
- Food and dancing of course, first class
Mrs G Patterson - Christchurch
- We were part of “Dancing at TLH with Pam Peters which was excellent!!! A fantastic teacher and great team support
Mrs Leigh - Coventry
- Absolutely brilliant, we had the most fun on the dance floor in a long time. As experienced dancers WITHOUT partners - this was the perfect break, a pleasure from beginning to end!
Lynn Elvy & Lesley Fegan, Gerrard's Cross - Solos Ballroom & Latin dance break
- We always enjoy our stays here. Our favourite hotel is the Carlton but you can't beat the Warwick Ballroom at the Victoria. We are always guaranteed a good time with Sid & Roz, they give 100%.
Ken & June Bush, Bristol - Sid & Roz Gateley Social dance break
- Gerald & Margaret (Thompson) were brilliant, we didn't know what to expect, but we needn't have worried. They made us feel welcome from day one and their teaching skills are superb.
Pat & Judith Bradley. Plymouth - Ballroom & Latin for Complete Beginners
- Lorraine and I have just got back from a beginners weekend in Torquay. Neither of us have danced before and being two girls on our own we were worried about being in a room of couples. We shouldn't have spared it a thought - from the first session onwards we were made to feel very welcome- taught at a pace that we all (kind of) kept up with and actually felt we’d achieved something too!
- Best bit - great fun and Phil and Chris were an absolute delight. Thank you for the most fun we’ve had in ages!