Careers at TLH
At TLH Leisure Resort we care as much about our staff as we do our guests and if anyone is looking for a career in leisure, hospitality or tourism, they need look no further.
Working with TLH
We employ a total of 330 permanent employees along with a number of casual and temporary staff. We offer superb conditions of employment and believe in encouraging all members of staff to become involved with the business. Here are some of the attractions of working for TLH Leisure Resort:
- Excellent rates of pay
- 5 day working week
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Extra payments for Christmas and New Year bank holidays
- Customer service bonus
- Christmas and New Year bonus
- Trainee management programme
- Training and development opportunities
- Investors in People
- Free uniforms
- Free meals on duty
- Staff discount scheme
- Sick pay and pension schemes
- Modern staff restaurant
- Use of Arena Games leisure area and Aztec Falls
- Discounted rates off Aztec Gym Club membership
- Annual staff party
- Long service awards
- Staff newsletter
- Discount for family and friends for accommodation
TLH Leisure Resort aims to provide outstanding customer care by finding, supporting and developing people who genuinely enjoy making others happy. We aim to be an employer of choice in Torbay, offering the best employment conditions and working environment for staff.
If you would like to join the TLH Team, we are looking for people with high levels of courtesy and politeness; a ready smile, a willingness to help, concern for others and an easy-going manner.
Staff at TLH Leisure Resort have great facilities to enjoy whilst at work, and in their leisure time - all part of our aim to be the best employer in the industry. As well as a purpose built staff restaurant and modern changing rooms, they can also make use of Arena Games, Aztec Falls and are entitled to discounted gym membership.
Our Core Employment Values
To consider all applications for employment fairly and consistently without regard to age, sex, marital status, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
To employ people from a broad spectrum of background and experience.
To encourage, welcome and provide training for people entering the profession from other industries
To develop existing staff and promote from within where ever possible.
Find Out More
If you want to find out more about employment opportunities at TLH Leisure Resort then you can contact us in the following ways:
Come and see us: If you live nearby why not pop into the Derwent Hotel on any Thursday morning - a member of the personnel department is on call between 10am and 12 midday to have a chat about current vacancies, careers with TLH Leisure Resort or the industry as a whole.
Write to: Gary Brenton, Personnel and Development Manager, TLH Leisure Resort, Belgrave Road, Torquay, TQ2 5HL
Telephone: our recruitment hot-line for an application pack – 01803 400180
Apply Online: Complete and submit our online application form
Download: a job application form [pdf] and email or post to us.
- Was impressed by every member of staff we came in contact with. The fact that the whole staff, worked together as an efficient, helpful and cheerful TEAM – impressive
Mr Roberts - Lancing
- We’ve been coming here for 10 years, AND we’ll be back
Mr & Mrs R Graham - Llantarnam
- A friend told me about your establishment and I’m so glad she did. This is our 4th visit and I can’t wait for our 5th!
Mrs L Cottrell - Bristol
- Excellent short break. Fab value for money
Mrs S Baker - Newport