This Coconut Curry tastes better than the one from your favourite restaurant and is a healthier alternative to your Friday night take-away! It’s loaded with flavour and easy to make all in one pan.
Easy Coconut Curry
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion – diced
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Handful of chopped broccoli florets
- Handful of chopped carrots
- Handful of mangetout
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 400 ml tin of light coconut milk
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
Add curry powder, cayenne (or chilli pepper), veggie stock and coconut milk and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
Add the mangetout and chopped tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread or on its own.
• You can add chicken or tofu into the recipe if you want to bulk it out a little.
We’d love to hear from you, so let us know if you give this recipe a try!