Joining a class can help build a foundation and structure that you can use to fuel your personal health journey for years to come. Whether it is dance-based, high energy or in the water, there’s a class for everyone at the Aztec Studio.
If you could only do two things to improve your health, experts suggest exercising and spending quality time with friends would be the best place to start. We all know exercise is important but keeping in touch with friends may be even more important than you’d think. Loneliness is as harmful to your well-being as smoking 15 cigarettes a day, according to several recent studies.
A classic omelette is such a quick and easy meal which can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This protein-packed option is lower in cholesterol as it uses fewer yolks than your usual recipe.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions white and green parts kept separate and finely chopped
- a few slices of wafer-thin extra-lean ham, shredded
- 25g reduced-fat mature cheddar
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites well in a bowl with some seasoning and set aside. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan and cook the pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the white parts of the spring onions and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour in the eggs and cook over a medium heat until almost completely set.
- Sprinkle on the ham and cheese and fold the omelette in half. Continue to cook to your liking (less time for a soft and fluffy centre, or a little longer if you prefer it completely set) . Serve straight from the pan with the green part of the spring onion sprinkled on top, the chopped tomato and some wholemeal toast or a small jacket potato if you’re hungry.
Let us know if you give this recipe a try or do you have other favourite fillings?
We use professionals for all aspects of our life but when your physical health needs work, is it time to call in a Personal Trainer?
After a workout you usually get quite hungry and just want to get some food in your body. But what snacks can you eat to help benefit your body and ensure you have got the most out of your workout?
It is important to eat something before your workout. You will have a better training session and will avoid any dizziness or nausea from training on an empty stomach. Your body needs fuel, so try eating a healthy pre-workout snack and you will notice the difference. Continue reading “September’s Recipe of the Month – Pre-Workout Snacks”