Tuesday 25th February is Pancake Day, but instead of your usual pancakes, why not try this healthier protein packed option – ideal as a post-workout snack.
- 2 scoops protein powder – any flavour
- 1 large banana – mashed
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- In two bowls, separate the eggs carefully to yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites on high until they form soft peaks.
- Add the egg yolks along with the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat. Scoop 1/4 of the mixture into the pan and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately.
- OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit and/or plain non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with honey
Delicious! Let us know if you give them a go.