If you are trying Veganuary and love your eggs on toast, give this a go for something a little different in the morning.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 block fresh tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced on
- Tin of sweetcorn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds (optional)
- Bread of choice, toasted
Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the red pepper and turmeric and sauté for a further 2 or 3 minutes. Add the corn and spring onions to the pan and sauté for a few minutes. With your hands, crumble the tofu into the pan. Add the fresh coriander, a small drop of water and scramble the tofu for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the parsley and black sesame seeds, and serve on toast.
Latest posts by Holly Walford (see all)
- Muscles of the Month – January – The Rotator Cuff - 7 January, 2020
- Recipe of the Month – Vegan Tofu Scramble on Toast - 7 January, 2020
- Recipe of the Month – Simple Healthy Christmas Dinner - 5 December, 2019