When the sun is shining brightly and there’s not a cloud in the sky, is when the English Riviera is at its very best. Looking out across the bay over the deep blue sea is a truly wonderful sight and I feel privileged to live in such a scenic place. There is so much to see and do this summer in the UK with all the Olympic events dotted around, but there is equally so much to do here by the seaside. We may not have star athletes or the fun of trying to get across London in less than 3 hours, but we do have a number of carnivals, Royal regattas, firework displays and the amazing Red Arrows to name a but a few events.
- Teignmouth and Torquay have their carnivals this week including classic car shows, daily competitions including Teignmouth’s Got Talent, nightly music and entertainment, grand processions and exciting firework displays.
- But that’s not all; there are regattas at Babbacombe, Brixham, Dartmouth and Torbay!! All easily accessible and relatively close, offering countless different events everyday; from Paignton’s Teddy Bear picnic and live music day to Dartmouth’s steamboat rally and a display from the exciting Eurofighter Typhoon.
- Add to this, Brixham’s Pirate Festival, Totnes’s Elizabethan market, Chicago at the Princess Theatre in Torquay and further award winning attractions. Including Paignton Zoo, the caves at Kents Cavern, Babbacombe’s amazing model village and this year the special ‘Sci-fi at the movies’ exhibition at Torquay Museum featuring rare costumes from Star Trek and Dr Who.
So where’s the best place to stay to enjoy all this holiday fun? TLH Leisure Resort offers you the ideal relaxing environment with award winning service and a full range of activities for you and the kids to enjoy right there in your hotel. Whether you’re splashing around in the pools, relaxing in the spa or on the terrace, or even having a go with a bow at archery TLH Leisure Resort is tailored to your pleasure.
- Ready for an adventure? Then look to Aztec Active in partnership with Essential Adventure, new for 2012, where you can try aqua jets, raft building, canoeing and much more. If you have enjoyed Wimbledon this year then why not have your own game on our outside tennis court or come along to football training led by the captain of Torquay United.
- However, maybe you just want to relax and catch a tan by the outside pool lying out on the sun loungers.
- If you need something just for kids (3-9) then its time to meet Toby our resident hound at his club! Where the entertainment’s team provides exciting supervised activities, with lots of toys and games to keep them happy and busy. Not forgetting older kids though; there are activities that run throughout the day for them as well, including quizzes, competitions and the ‘Family Olympics’ sports day every Wednesday.
- But don’t think it all ends there, because when night falls the TLH entertainment begins. Summer shows, singers, comedians and magicians all ready to entertain you, with an option of many acts each night
So come and enjoy an English Riviera family holiday. For a full rundown of everything TLH Leisure Resort can offer you, visit www.tlh.co.uk. There’s so much to do in the English Riviera, that the only problem you will ever have is what to do first.