The South Devon coastline has a warmer climate in winter than much of the British Isles and consequently is the chosen destination for a wide selection of birds that flock here over the colder months.
For this break we have enlisted the services of professional wildlife photographer and tour leader Ashley Grove, who expertly leads trips for birdwatchers and photographers, not only in the UK, but further afield in Europe, Africa, Canada & the Caribbean.
This break allows you to experience some of Britain’s special birdlife under the guidance of an expert. Bracing fresh sea air, spectacular flocks of wading birds, great food, a comfy bed and spa facilities at your fingertips, what more could you want?
Well if you did want more, this package also includes two talks from Ashley, who is a recommended speaker for the RSPB and Royal Horticultural Society.
Each informative talk is illustrated with stunning images from Ashley’s wildlife portfolio and punctuated with amusing anecdotes of his adventures in the field.
Break highlights include:
- Dinner, bed and breakfast at the TLH Victoria Hotel
- Pre dinner drinks reception on the first night to meet your host/tour guide Ashley Grove and fellow bird watchers
- Half day trip of bird watching to Bowling Green Marsh RSPB (Topsham)
- Full day trip of bird watching at Exminster Marshes RSPB, and Dawlish Warren
- A talk on ‘How to be a bird watcher’
- Half day trip to Stover Country park
- Evening talk ‘Shetland to Scilly, Birds of The British Isles’
- Transport for all trips is included
- (Packed lunches not included but can be ordered at The Victoria Hotel)
- Hosted by expert wildlife tour leader and photographer Ashley Grove
No single supplement on double and twin rooms.
View our Entertainment Diary to see what's on throughout your stay.