The TLH Carlton Hotel has a vacancy for 2nd Chef to work alongside the Head Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking, providing meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Leads kitchen team in Head Chef’s absence
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen team members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensure good stock food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, working with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Work with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Assist in recruiting and training new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Verify that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assist head chef with menu creation
- Coordinate with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
The ideal person will have:
- Ability to cook, prepare food to a high standard
- Good knowledge and experience of running kitchen operations
- Good level of spoken English, numerical skills and IT skills
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- A strong and dynamic leadership style and the ability to demonstrate high end customer service skills to exceed customer expectations
Rate of pay:
Salary £22, 230 per annum (45 hours over 5 days) in addition to the colleague benefits below this role includes an annual bonus of up to 8% based on criteria relating to performance.
We also offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment, with support, training and development opportunities for all colleagues.
- Open 365 days a year, we provide year-round working opportunities
- Comprehensive induction and training provided, supported by our in-house Human Resources team
- Uniform provided
- Profit Related Bonus eligibility for all colleagues
- On-site canteen facility offering staff meals whilst on duty
- Colleague Discount Scheme for all colleagues, including free use of swimming pool, discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
If you think you are ready for this challenge and possess the right skills, personality and passion, please apply online today.