It’s an exciting time to join Team TLH. We’re on a mission to be the ‘Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay’ with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it.
As the Aztec Duty Manager & Leisure Supervisor, you will have previous supervisory & leisure industry experience with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Aztec Leisure facilities, including the Aztec Studio & Gym.
Leisure experience is essential, as the successful candidate must hold a valid NPLQ and a valid Pool Plant Operator certificate is desirable.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the Aztec Leisure facilities whilst on duty
- Checking all facilities are clean & safe for public use, and the Aztec area is well maintained
- Proactively ensuring members and guests are given a high standard of customer service throughout their visit
- Nurturing motivation and good communication throughout the Aztec team
- Support with the interview, selection, recruitment and training of new team members
- Assisting the Gym & Pool Manager in adhering to safe working practices by taking responsibility for Risk Assessments and the monitoring of Health & Safety
Our values – STARS
Our values are integral to our business and guide how we operate at every level of the organisation. The ideal candidate’s STARS values for this role are:
- Service – Drive excellent customer service for our guests by continuous monitoring and innovation of standards
- Teamwork – Lead by example and promote team member engagement & collaboration
- Attitude – Build and maintain a pleasant working environment, being friendly & approachable to guests and other team members
- Respect – Recognise individuals’ identities and build a team that plays to each person’s strengths
- Safe and Sustainable – Assist the Gym & Pool Manager with maintaining safe working practices
What we have to offer:
As part of the TLH Team, you will be available to take advantage of exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounts on Aztec Spa treatments and facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and family
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Up to 28 days annual leave
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
This is a full-time permanent role of 37.5 hours over 5 days, requiring occasional evening and weekend availability.
Hourly Rate: £10.69 per hour
About TLH Leisure Resort
Open 365 days of the year, TLH Leisure Resort is based in the heart of Torquay. Comprising four inter-linked hotels which include the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels on a single site. We offer a range of accommodation and shared entertainment plus the well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join Team TLH? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. If you are intending to park on site whilst attending an interview, please ensure you register your vehicle at Hotel Reception to secure free parking.