It’s an exciting time to join Team TLH. We’re on a mission to be the ‘Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay’ with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it.
As a member of our Bars team, you will be serving in one of our numerous Hotel bars. A sociable and fun role, where you will be able to impact a guest’s experience, whether that be by making their favourite drink just how they like it, making conversation and asking about their day, or simply by providing great service with a smile. You will be key in creating a relaxing environment for our guests, leaving them feeling refreshed and excited to repeat the experience.
Applicants must be 18 or older. Previous bar experience is preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To serve and deliver drinks from the bar, in a professional and friendly manner
- Wine waiting for dinner service
- To assist with functions
- Ensure bar areas are clean, tidy and presentable
- Re-stock as required and ensure all bar resource is organised and accounted for
- To use the till on the bar to process payments and log purchases
- Up-sell and provide good knowledge of stock with the company bars
Our values – STARS
Our values are integral to our business and guide how we operate at every level of the organisation. The ideal candidate’s STARS values for this role are:
- Service –Providing a quick and accurate service to our guests whilst ensuring excellent customer service at all times
- Teamwork –Working closely with other members of the TLH team, supporting each other to ensure the correct drinks go to the correct guests
- Attitude –You will have a confident and cheerful attitude with the ability to work well under pressure while remaining professional
- Respect –Being kind and considerate to all guests and other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Serving drinks in accordance with licensing laws
What we have to offer:
As part of the TLH Team, you will be available to take advantage of exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounts on Aztec Spa treatments and facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and family
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Up to 28 days annual leave
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
This is a casual role of varying hours, which will consist of evening shifts and require weekend availability.
About TLH Leisure Resort
Open 365 days of the year, TLH Leisure Resort is based in the heart of Torquay. Comprising four inter-linked hotels which include the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels on a single site. We offer a range of accommodation and shared entertainment plus the well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. If you are intending to park on site whilst attending an interview, please ensure you register your vehicle at Hotel Reception to secure free parking.