It’s an exciting time to join Team TLH. We’re on a mission to be the ‘Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay’ with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it.
As the Bistro Senior Sous Chef, you will be an integral part of the Aztec Bistro Kitchen and will lead & oversee the duties of the whole Kitchen team. The Aztec Bistro is a popular destination for hotel guests, Aztec Club members and locals alike and is open throughout the day and evening.
Successful candidates must have previous experience as a senior chef in a busy kitchen environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing food to a high standard of presentation and quality
- Supervising & organising all Bistro Kitchen duties and operations
- Develop and plan new menus with particular attention given to seasonal changes
- Demonstrating safe ways of working in line with Food Hygiene standards and Health & Safety legislation
- Deliver coaching to new team members and support with ongoing training for the Kitchen team
Our values – STARS
Our values are integral to our business and guide how we operate at every level of the organisation. The ideal candidate’s STARS values for this role are:
- Service – Producing meals efficiently to the high standard expected for the Aztec Bistro
- Teamwork – Liaise with the Bistro Manager & Derwent Head Chef to ensure operational requirements and guest expectations are met
- Attitude – Maintain a positive & professional attitude, with good time management skills and remaining calm under pressure
- Respect – Maintain a pleasant working environment with a cohesive Kitchen team and promote a diversity of individual skillsets & talents
- Safe and Sustainable – Abide by all Food Hygiene standards, Company policies and Health & Safety legislation
What we have to offer:
As part of the TLH Team, you will be available to take advantage of exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounts on Aztec Spa treatments and facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and family
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Up to 28 days annual leave
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
This is a full-time permanent role of 40 hours over 5 days, including evening and weekend availability.
Hourly Rate: £12.85 per hour
About TLH Leisure Resort
Open 365 days of the year, TLH Leisure Resort is based in the heart of Torquay. Comprising four inter-linked hotels which include the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels on a single site. We offer a range of accommodation and shared entertainment plus the well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join Team TLH? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. If you are intending to park on site whilst attending an interview, please ensure you register your vehicle at Hotel Reception to secure free parking.