It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Commis Chef, you will work alongside the Head Chefs and will have good basic Chef Skills and enjoy working in the kitchen environment with the willingness to improve. This role is perfect for an aspiring Chef as learning and development opportunities will be offered to help the right candidate work well in either the TLH Victoria or Toorak Kitchen creating a relaxing environment for our guests, leaving them feeling relaxed and revived and excited to repeat the experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes; overseeing a section of work within the Kitchen
- Working alongside Chef de Partie to prepare and cook food
- Working to high standards of food hygiene and following the rules of Health and Safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Assist with stock rotation and deliveries
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Promptly preparing and cooking orders for our customers that are both tasty and well presented
- Teamwork – Working alongside other Chefs in the kitchen with the ability to manage high volume orders during the peak season
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional attitude with good time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£9.50 – 40 hours over 5 days (shifts are varied and will include weekends).
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.