It’s an exciting time to join our team at TLH Leisure Resorts, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition is to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our Mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. We are recruiting for a skilled and motivated decorator who will be responsible for room refurbishments as well as a busy schedule of general Resort improvements and maintenance, The right candidate will join an experienced team and must have a keen eye for detail, maintain clean and organised working practices and will be capable of working autonomously; ensuring work carried out is to a high standard.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing surfaces ready for decoration
- General painting and decorating duties to support the planned refurbishment of rooms
- Examine finished surfaces of workpieces and retouch any defective areas
- General maintenance and refurbishment
- Minor repairs to walls and joinery using appropriate fillers and sealants
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Ensuring all work carried out is to an exceptional standard leaving all areas of the hotel looking beautiful as soon as our guests walk in.
- Teamwork – Working with other members of the team and supporting each other to make sure that all work carried out is to a high standard.
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and happy attitude when you are in customer-facing areas and being flexible within a range of different work situations as required understanding that you play a key role within the TLH Team.
- Respect – Being respectful to both guests and other team members at all times.
- Safe and Sustainable – To ensure all work is carried out in a timely manner whilst operating in a safe and efficient way according to all health and safety legislation and company policies.
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
Competitive rate of pay and hours, can be flexible depending on the candidate and experience.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.