It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded management team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it.
As a Duty Hotel Manager you will have retail experience with a passion for Hospitality and to deliver outstanding customer service. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Hotel operations whilst the Manager is absent during the evenings.
Your responsibilities will include:
· The overseeing of the hotel operation whilst on duty
· To support resourcing requirements, being involved with the interview, selection and recruitment
· Build and maintain good morale, a happy atmosphere to ensure a pleasant working environment for the Hotel department teams and our guests
· Facilitate effective communication with team members, to nurture motivation and great team working
· To assist the Hotel General Manager in ensuring that safe working practices are being maintained, being responsible for Hotel risk assessments and the monitoring of health and safety
The ideal candidate’s STAR values:
· Service – Drive excellent customer service for our guests by continuous monitoring and innovation of standards
· Teamwork –Strong people and team management skills, including the ability to lead by example and dedicated to promoting the highest levels of colleague engagement, collaboration, and team working
· Attitude – We work from the heart and not just the manual so you will lead with passion to build and maintain a happy atmosphere to ensure a pleasant working environment
· Respect – You will be able to recognise individuals’ identities and build a team that plays to each person’s strengths. Building a team that is respectful towards each other and our guests
· Safe and Sustainable – To assist the Hotel Manager in ensuring that safe working practices are being maintained, being responsible for hotel risk assessments and monitoring of health and safety
What we have to offer:
At TLH we positively challenge and review everything that we do so when our managers said that they wanted more work-life balance we reduced the working week from 45 hours to 40. Allowing our team to spend more time enjoying the things they love and making the most of our team discounts including:
· Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
· Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
· Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
· Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
· Free staff meals whilst on duty
· Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£11.75 p/h Full time 40 hours per week between the hours of 4 pm and 12 am.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.