The TLH Derwent Hotel has a vacancy for a Front of House Manager, to supervise and co-ordinate the Front of House Reception and Housekeeping teams, reporting directly to the Hotel Manager.
At TLH we pride ourselves in developing colleagues to help maximise individual skills and experiences. Applicants must have a passion for hospitality, demonstrate a good work ethic, as well as great team and people management skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for overseeing the operations of the Reception and Housekeeping teams to help develop the products we offer and to maintain and develop the delivery of customer service.
- Manage processes and procedures of the front of house system for hotel bookings, maximising sales, completion of all administrative tasks, chasing of accounts in line with company procedures.
- Offering operational support and liaising with Head of Departments on operational issues. Improving and maintaining standards of customer service and completing audits to measure standards of bedrooms and Reception operations.
- Lead departmental meetings and attend FOH Focus group meetings to feedback information to record, measure and adapt working structures.
- Support recruitment process for vacancies in your areas of responsibility in line with the company recruitment policy
- Deliver coaching and training to new recruits and support the delivery of on-going coaching and improvements of service for colleagues who are responsible to you
- To work as part of a professional team of Managers based in the Hotel and across the complex and collaborate with them, to ensure that all standards are met as a business
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of Housekeeping and Reception departments
- Good level of spoken English, numerical skills and IT skills
- Excellent communication, team and interpersonal skills
- A positive leadership style and the ability to demonstrate high end customer service skills to exceed customer expectations
What we have to offer:
More than just a job! We offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment and training and development opportunities.
- Colleague Discount Scheme, including discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Free use of swimming pool and Gym
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours & rate of pay:
£23,376.60 per annum. 45 hours per week over 5 days including weekends and split shifts. This is a 12 month fixed term contract for maternity cover. However there is potential for permanent opportunities, within the organisation, for the right person.
About TLH Leisure Resort:
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today.