We are looking to recruit an experienced Head Chef that can lead and motivate a small team of chefs, maintain standards and bring new ideas and visions to the Aztec Bistro menu.
Set at the heart TLH Leisure Resort, the Aztec Bistro is a popular destination for hotel guests, Aztec Club members and locals alike. It has a distinctive Aztec theme and overlooks both our indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Boasting a spacious sun terrace, used for al fresco dining and seasonal entertainment, our Aztec Bistro has a unique and vibrant holiday atmosphere, all year-round.
Open throughout the day and evening the Aztec Bistro, has an established menu, which includes chargrill items, steaks and fresh fish, as well as lighter bites, snacks and sandwiches, locally sourced where possible.
- Maintain high standards of organisation of food production for a short order menu, and daily specials
- Cook and prepare all food stuffs to a high standard, with the ability to lead and inspire others with in the kitchen team
- Be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of food hygiene legislation and procedures
- Good management of stock control, purchasing, deliveries and GP
- Maintain good practice of Fire, Health and Safety procedures, adhering to TLH company health and safety policy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You will be responsible for a small team of Chefs, training, coaching with good management style that shows an excellent work ethic and conduct, to lead by example
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage, professional cookery, food hygiene, health and safety
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Someone with good skills in managing time and prioritising tasks
- An experience chef with who is confident in a busy short order kitchen
- Someone who can demonstrate and foster good team working
- A great communicator who is happy to liaise with front of house staff and customers
- Someone with a current Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
Hours & rate of pay:
This is a permanent, full time position with a salary of £30 000 per year (equivalent to £14.42 per hour) 40 hours per week with up to 8% personal performance bonus.
What we have to offer:
More than just a job! We offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment and training and development opportunities for the right person.
- Colleague Discount Scheme, including free use of swimming pool, discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Profit Related Bonus
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today.