The TLH Derwent Hotel is recruiting a Head Housekeeper to lead our friendly team of housekeeping colleagues. The Derwent Hotel has 174 bedrooms catering for up to 400 guests.
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic individual who has a passion for providing an excellent service to maintain and lift the standards of the TLH Derwent Hotel housekeeping department.
Responsibilities and duties are:
- To oversee the day to day operations of the Housekeeping department
- To improve and maintain standards and apply a passionate approach to ensuring the rooms are cleaned and presented to a high standard
- Lead and managed your Housekeeping team, supporting and training colleagues to work efficiently to the required standards and create a pleasant working environment
- Recruit and maintain resourcing levels to company standards and procedures
- Liaise with Front of House Manager, Reception and Maintenance to ensure communication is clear and good information is shared to ensure the operational requirements and guest expectations are meet
- Carry out all people processes indicative of the role as a Head of Department, in line with company standards
- Keep good order of all housekeeping stocks, guest supplies and linen, in line with departmental budgets.
- Produce rota’s and managed staffing levels in line with budget and the needs of the business
- Maintain and carry out safe working practices to ensure colleagues and customer are safe.
The ideal candidate will:
Previous experience of leading a housekeeping team is essential to this role, in addition the ideal candidate would have:
- Have a good level of spoken English and good numerical understanding
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety and infection control cleaning practices
- Excellent communication, team and interpersonal skills
- A positive leadership style and the ability to demonstrate high end customer service skills to exceed customer expectations
- Have a flexible approach to change and be able to adapt and think strategically
Rate of pay:
£10.00 per hour (35 – 40 hours over 5 days) in addition to the colleague benefits below this role includes an annual bonus of upto 8% based on criteria relating to performance.
In addition to the hourly rate, all colleagues will receive an extra £0.19 per hour for each complete week worked starting 20th September 2021 until 2nd January 2022.
What we have to offer:
More than just a job! We offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment and training and development opportunities.
- Colleague Discount Scheme, including free use of swimming pool, discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Uniform provided
- Profit Related Bonus
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today.