An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to manage the 3* TLH Carlton Hotel. The TLH Carlton Hotel is a 70 bedroom hotel (plus 3 self-catering apartments), with conferencing and function rooms, and a restaurant offering table d’hote and à la carte menus, and banqueting options.
As Hotel Manager you will be accountable for delivering an outstanding customer experience, driving operational service improvement, as well as providing leadership and direction to colleagues. Managing and developing your team, you will report to, and work closely with, the Group General Manager to help evolve the business and ensure we continue to delight our guests, as well as meeting financial and operational service standards.
You must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the hospitality industry, with a proven track record of delivering guest satisfaction and business results. Food and beverage experience is essential for this position.
You will also be expected to collaborate strongly with the other TLH Hotel Managers, to promote idea generation, operational efficiency, and superb team working.
This is a great opportunity for someone either looking for a new challenge or for a seasoned results driven Deputy Manager looking for their first Hotel Management role.
The TLH Leisure Resort complex benefits from professional business support structures, which include an onsite HR Department, Finance Department and Sales and Marketing teams.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, with overall total earnings of circa £30,000 per annum available for the right candidate. Hours of work are 45 hours over 5 days, with late working a feature on occasions. Flexibility in work pattern will be a key feature.
In addition to an attractive remuneration package, the successful candidate will be eligible to participate in a Performance Related Bonus scheme (paying up to 8% of salary), a Profit Related Bonus scheme, uniform, as well as discounts for the Company’s Leisure and Spa facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team of colleagues committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer service
- Empower and develop colleagues to be the best, and deliver the best, making the most of your resources and growing talent
- Drive operational best practice, maximising on growth opportunities, exercising financial and revenue management
- Ensure brand standards are consistently delivered, while utilising guest feedback to increase performance against KPI’s
- Embrace accountability for delivering the TLH business plan, supporting and enabling the bigger picture
- Demonstrate full knowledge of Health and Safety compliance and manage all audit processes to a high standard
- Be agile in your thinking and effectively manage your time to meet business needs
- Champion change and continuous improvement, and implement this across the team
- Work in collaboration with other TLH Hotel Managers to ensure optimum resourcing solutions, and operational efficiencies through sharing and adoption of best practice
The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding communication, team and interpersonal skills
- A dynamic leadership style, and the ability to demonstrate high end customer service skills to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to collaborate across all levels
- Extensive knowledge of F&B operations
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
If you think you are ready for this challenge and possess the right skills, personality and passion, please apply online today.