Kitchen Assistant – Aztec Bistro
It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will provide support to our committed and professional team of colleagues. The Aztec Bistro sits in the heart of TLH Leisure Resort. It is a popular destination for hotel guests, Aztec Club members and locals alike. It has a distinctive Aztec Theme and overlooks both our Aztec indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Boasting a spacious sun terrace, used for al fresco dining and seasonal entertainment, our Aztec Bistro has a unique holiday atmosphere all year round. Open throughout the day and evening the Aztec Bistro, has an established menu, which includes char grill items, steaks and fresh fish, as well as lighter bites, snacks and sandwiches, locally sourced where possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes from the Aztec Bistro menu
- Working alongside kitchen colleagues to serve our guests
- Working to high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of Health and Safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Assist with stock rotation and deliveries
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Promptly cooking, preparing and serving dishes with a high standard of customer service and efficiency
- Teamwork – Working alongside Front of House staff and other team members in the kitchen with the ability to follow instruction and remain calm under pressure
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional “can-do” attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
- We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£9.69 per hour – Full-time permanent 40 hours over 5 days (variable hours)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.