It’s an exciting time to join our team at TLH Leisure Resorts, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Night Porter Supervisor you will be a vital part of the team as you respond to guests’ needs while also doing regular checks to ensure the safety of the building, guests and team members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures
- Be security conscious and have a good level of knowledge in health and safety
- Supervising Night Porters on shift with you ensuring your team operates efficiently and safely
- Carry out Health and Safety checks around the Hotel and adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations and company policy
- Co-ordinate in the event of a fire evacuation in line with company training
- Carry out cleaning duties inside and outside of the hotel and set up meeting /conference rooms as required
- Deal with room servicing requests and luggage handling
- Arranging newspapers and wake-up calls
- Helping set the dining area for breakfast
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift and that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints.
- Reporting of maintenance jobs
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Responding quickly and professionally to the guests throughout the night as the main representative of the hotel
- Teamwork – Supervising other members of the TLH night team to support guests and get function rooms ready for the following day.
- Attitude – Maintaining a proactive and friendly attitude, you will be able to remain calm under pressure and be confident in decision making
- Respect – Being respectful to both guests and other team members at all times.
- Safe and Sustainable – To ensure the safety of the Hotel, its guests and the TLH team overnight by following health and safety regulations and company policies.
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£9.79ph – Full time, 5 nights per week from 9.30pm – 7.30am, inclusive of weekends.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and cover letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.