It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resorts, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a Mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition is to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star studded team is the key to delivering our Mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Duty Manager you will manage the lifeguarding team on a daily basis, supervise pool activities, provide first aid when required and participate in the cleaning programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As a senior lifeguard you will be the go to figure for training new lifeguards and ensuring lifeguard’s standards are kept. You will be the bridge between lifeguards and the Aztec Management team.
- Support and facilitate the operation of the Aztec Reception, Gym, Changing areas, Swimming Pools and all other wet/dry facilities.
- To be proactive in ensuring members are welcomed at Reception and treated in the appropriate efficient manner throughout all Aztec areas, consistent with TLH policy.
- To assist with the operation of all facilities ensuring that they are clean and safe for public use and set up appropriately on time.
- To ensure that all staff are completing the appropriate quality checks, this includes water quality and cleaning checklists
- To assist with stock levels, this includes making sure that there is enough stock and reporting when levels are low
- Ensure all maintenance problems are identified, reported and resolved
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Being pro active to clients needs to ensure smooth day to day running of the pools
- Teamwork – Working alongside all members of the Aztec Leisure team to ensure a relaxing customer experience
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude
- Respect –Being respectful towards all clients and the TLH team who are using the facilities
- Safe and Sustainable –Ensuring yourself and your team are fully trained and able to respond to emergencies as they arise
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
This is a full time, permanent role with variable hours over 5 days depending on business need. The role does involve early starts from 6am and late finishes up to 9.30pm as well as working weekends. Wage is dependent on experience.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.