It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Short Order Chef, you will join our friendly and professional team at TLH Victoria Hotel you will take responsibility for food orders throughout the day as they come in from Aztec games and Alberts. Working closely with the rest of the team you will prepare delicious food in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Food preparation and cooking from the pub menu, to a high standard of delivery with a high level of efficiency
- Prioritising orders as they are received from our guests
- Working on your own and as part of a team, supporting your colleagues to ensure that food is prepared for customers
- Work in a safe way demonstrating good practices of Food Hygiene and Fire, Health and Safety
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Promptly preparing and cooking orders for our customers that are both tasty and well presented
- Teamwork – Working alongside the other Chefs in the kitchen with the ability to manage high volume orders during the peak season
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£9.70 This role can be offered on either a full-time or part-time basis dependant on the candidate’s requirements. 20 – 40 hours over 2-5 days a week (shifts are varied and will include weekends)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.