Sous Chef – Aztec Bistro
It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Sous Chef, you will be an experienced Chef that can support to lead and motivate a small team of chefs, maintain standards and in collaboration with the Head Chef, bring new ideas and visions to the Aztec Bistro menu.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Head Chef to achieve further enhancement of standards in the organisation of food production for a short order menu, and to push forward daily specials
- Cook and prepare all food to a high standard, with the ability to lead and support others within the kitchen team
- Maintaining good working relationships within the team
- Be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of food hygiene legislation and procedures.
- Good management of stock control, purchasing, deliveries
- Maintain good practice of Fire, Health and Safety procedures, adhering to TLH company health and safety policy
- Support to lead a small team of Chefs through a strong work ethic, training and coaching colleagues to help maximise individual performance and potential
- Someone with a current Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Promptly preparing and cook orders for our customers that are both tasty and well presented
- Teamwork – Working alongside Front of House staff and other Chefs in the kitchen with the ability to manage high volume orders during the peak season
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional attitude with good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£10.30 p/h Full time 40 hours over 5 days (shifts are varied and will include weekends).
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.