We are looking to recruit an experienced Chef that can support to lead and motivate a small team of chefs, maintain standards and in collaboration with the Head Chef, bring new ideas and visions to the Aztec Bistro menu.
Set at the heart TLH Leisure Resort, the Aztec Bistro is a popular destination for hotel guests, Aztec Club members and locals alike. It has a distinctive Aztec theme and overlooks both our indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Boasting a spacious sun terrace, used for al fresco dining and seasonal entertainment, our Aztec Bistro has a unique and vibrant holiday atmosphere, all year-round.
Open throughout the day and evening the Aztec Bistro, has an established menu, which includes chargrill items, steaks and fresh fish, as well as lighter bites, snacks and sandwiches, locally sourced where possible.
- Supporting the Head Chef to achieve further enhancement of standards in the organisation of food production for a short order menu, and to push forward daily specials.
- Cook and prepare all food stuffs to a high standard, with the ability to lead and support others within the kitchen team.
- Maintaining good working relationships within the team
- Be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of food hygiene legislation and procedures.
- Good management of stock control, purchasing, deliveries
- Maintain good practice of Fire, Health and Safety procedures, adhering to TLH company health and safety policy.
- Support to lead a small team of Chefs through a strong work ethic, training and coaching colleagues to help maximise individual performance and potential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Someone with good skills in managing time and prioritising tasks
- An experience chef with who is confident in a busy short order kitchen
- Someone who can demonstrate and foster good team working
- A great communicator who is happy to liaise with front of house staff and customers
- Someone with a current Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
Hours & rate of pay:
This is a permanent full time position £9.70 per hour, 40 hours per week. In addition to the hourly rate, all TLH colleagues will receive an extra £0.19 per hour for each complete week worked starting 20th September 2021 until January 2022.
What we have to offer:
More than just a job! We offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment and training and development opportunities for the right person.
- Colleague Discount Scheme, including free use of swimming pool, discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Profit Related Bonus
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today.