It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As waiting staff you will bring energy, personality and great work ethic to our hotel restaurants. This is a sociable role where guests and colleagues will appreciate when you deliver great service with a smile! Greeting and serving guests, you’ll soon build a rapport and love catching up with them each day. As each service ends, great teamwork, pride in your surroundings and attention to detail will ensure our restaurants are cleaned, re-set and ready to go again.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure a high level of customer service is maintained
- To serve breakfast and Dinner to our Hotels Guests and functions when required
- To ensure you work and operate with health and safety guidelines
- To keep all areas with the workers remit clean, tidy and organised
Applicants over the age of 18 this role will also include bar work.
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service –Providing a quick and accurate service to our guests whilst ensuring excellent customer service at all times
- Teamwork –Working closely with other members of the TLH team, supporting each other to ensure the correct meals go to the correct guests
- Attitude –You will have a confident and cheerful attitude with the ability to work well under pressure while remaining professional
- Respect –Being kind and considerate to all guests and other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – To ensure that safe working practices are being maintained during food service times.
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
We know that not everyone is able to work split shifts or commit to working weekdays and weekends, which is why we can offer these set working patterns:
- Breakfast service: Mon – Fri, 7.30 am -12.00noon
- Dinner service: Mon-Sun, 5.30pm – 10 pm
- Weekend split shifts (Hours as above)
£9.50 per hour – Maximise the hours you work by combining the above and make this role full-time.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.