When you go away for a short break or holiday there are often a number of questions you would like to ask. Here is a summary of some of the more common ones we receive and we hope the answers may help you.
If you need any additional information, please give us a call on 01803 400500.
What are the arrangements for car parking?
TLH Leisure Resort has 7 car parks and 294 car parking spaces which are free to hotel guests on a “first come, first served” basis and cannot be guaranteed or pre booked.
All guests are required to display a free parking permit which is available from your hotel reception. You have 2 hours from arrival to display a permit in your car. Failure to display a permit may result in our TLH parking attendant issuing a penalty ticket. Your luggage can be unloaded at the hotel front entrance on arrival prior to parking your car.
Any driver with a Blue Badge can request a reserved space in advance by contacting any of our Hotel Reception telephone numbers. Specific disabled parking is limited and once disabled bays are all taken, Blue Badge parking may not be in a designated bay and the width of the bay will therefore be limited.
In the event our car parks being full, there is plenty of free off street parking in the surrounding area including Falkland Road, Lime Avenue and Bath Lane. In addition there are 3 pay and display car parks within a short walk. Our receptionists are happy to provide you with more detailed information on arrival.
Do we have to pay to use the leisure facilities?
- Swimming Pools: Use of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools and poolside facilities is free to hotel residents. Pool towels are available to hire. Please bring your key card with you to enter the pool areas. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Padlocks for our lockers are available for either a deposit of £5 or your room key card.
- Aztec Games: Access to Aztec Games and the Children’s soft play area is free. There is a charge for some of the activities and these can be found on the Aztec Games page of our website
- Aztec Gym: Charges to guests are as follows:
- 1 day pass £3.
- 3 day pass £7.
- 5 day pass £12.
- The gym is available for guests aged 16 and over. Guests between the ages 16-18 will be asked to come to the Aztec Reception with a parent or guardian.
- Aztec Spa: There is a charge for all treatments in the Aztec Spa. If you are interested in booking a treatment during your stay why not take advantage of the 15% discount which is available on all full priced treatments booked in advance of your stay. To make use of this offer, choose your treatment on our Treatments & Prices page, then give us a call on 01803 400190 to make a booking. Offer excludes Saturdays.
What arrangements are there for wheelchair users?
Subject to availability, we have a limited number of adapted bedrooms in each hotel which may be suitable for wheelchair users. There may be some restrictions depending on the size of your wheelchair. Please call our Private Reservations Team on 01803 400500 who will be able to advice.
For full details of accessibility around TLH Leisure Resort, please take a look at the Access Statement on our website.
Do you cater for special diets?
We try to cater for all special diets. Please let us know in advance of your stay if you have any special requirements and our chefs will be happy to discuss menus with you.
Are there fridges in the bedrooms?
We do not have fridges in any of our hotel bedrooms. Our hotel receptions have fridges available for important items such as medication.
Are there hairdryers in the bedrooms?
All of the bedrooms in the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Carlton and TLH Toorak Hotels have hairdryers.
What time can I arrive?
Bedrooms are ready for check-in by 3.00pm on the day of your arrival. You are most welcome to arrive earlier and make use of the facilities.
On the day of your departure rooms need to be vacated by 11.00am. You are, however, most welcome to stay on during the day and make the most of your stay.
We are celebrating a birthday during our stay, can you arrange a birthday cake?
We love special occasions and are happy to arrange cakes, balloons and other celebration items. Please take a look at our vouchers and gifts page for full details and prices.
Please note that to organise a cake or flowers, we need at least 24 hours notice. You are also very welcome to bring items like birthday cakes, banners, table decorations and balloons - please speak to your hotel reception so they can make the necessary arrangements for our team to prepare the tables and present any items. We charge corkage for bringing your own drinks into the restaurant. £10 per bottle of wine or sparkling wine, £15 per bottle of champagne and £40 per bottle of spirit.
Can I order a packed lunch?
Packed lunches can be ordered at reception. Please ask them for an order form and place your order by 4.30pm on the day before you require your lunch. Alternatively our Aztec Shop sells a range of freshly made pre-packed sandwiches, biscuits and crisps.
Can I eat in any other hotels during my stay?
Guests who are booked on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis usually take their meals in the hotel in which they are staying. If you would like to have dinner in any of the other TLH Hotels during your stay, please ask at your hotel reception who can find out if this will be possible. Places will be subject to availability.
Can I invite some friends to dinner during our stay?
Please check with your Restaurant Manager who may be able to arrange a table, subject to availability. They will also be able to advise you of the additional costs.