If you're stuck for ideas for things to do in Torquay, our beaches always provide family fun. Devon is well known for its famous beaches and coastlines, in fact Torbay has topped the charts for a number of years with the best beaches in the country, gaining many fantastic awards. Torbay beaches always retain their Quality Coast Awards for being safe and clean. There are many different types of beaches here in Torquay, some are wide, sandy beaches, and others are smaller and more secluded. Whilst exploring Torquay beaches, you’ll find that many are linked by the South West Coast Path. Stretching from the south side of Brixham to Maidencombe. If you enjoy water sports, fishing, boating or just lazing the day away, the coastline of Torbay has a wide variety on offer.
- Torre Abbey Sands (Sand) – If you stay with us at one of our TLH hotels, this beach is right on your door step and is in walking distance from the hotel. Torre Abbey sands is an easy access beach and has toilets and local refreshments nearby. This beach is a 10 minute walk into our local town where you can grab a bite to eat and do some shopping.
- Maidencombe Beach (Sand/Shingle) – Access is generally easy, but is steep in places. Dogs are allowed on this beach and there are toilets & a cafe where you can have some refreshments whilst enjoying the summer sun.
- Oddicombe Beach (Sand/Shingle) – Access is moderate and a cliff lift is usually used to get down to the beach. There are toilets and a cafe where you can grab some refreshments whilst enjoying the beach.
- Babbacombe Beach (Sand/Shingle) – Access is moderate. This beach is most popular for fishing off the breakwater and sailing. Parking is limited near the beach and dogs are allowed on this beach. Again there is a cafe/restaurant for refreshments.
- Meadfoot Beach (Pebble/Sand) – Access is easy to this beach. There is parking near the beach, dogs are allowed on the beach and there is toilets & a cafe for refreshments.
If you are willing to travel a little further, there are some amazing beaches in Paignton, Brixham and Dartmouth.
- Summer Holidays in Torquay
- Make Lasting Memories in 2021 Why not enjoy the British summer and have a relaxing break in the English Riviera which is well known for wonderful beaches, beautiful coastlines and award winning attractions....
- Summertime Entertainment Traditional seaside holidays are still a top British favourite and Torquay has always been one of the most popular coastal destinations in the UK. This year more than ever we’ll be going the extra mile to make sure our Summer programme is packed with more entertainment an...
- Summer for Couples
- Summer for Couples Not only does TLH hotels in Torquay cater for families, we also provide all different types of leisure and entertainment for adults, from Soul & Motown weekends to star cabaret acts. Our Albert’s bar screens football games, other sports, has karaoke and different live ...
- Summer for Families
- Summer For Families Here at our TLH hotels we have fun family breaks to keep the most energetic youngsters entertained and amused whilst on their holiday in Torquay. Toby Club 3-9s activities . Every day in the Toby Club we have competitions, craft fun, mini discos and face painting. ...
- TLH Summer Breaks
- TLH Summer Breaks Here in South West Devon we are renowned for some of the best weather in the early and late summertime. Our TLH hotels in Torquay have full programmes which are full with loads of different activities, entertainment and leisure guaranteed to suit everyone in the family. ...
TLH Derwent Hotel
t: 01803 400100
TLH Victoria Hotel
t: 01803 400200
TLH Carlton Hotel
t: 01803 400300
TLH Toorak Hotel
t: 01803 400400
Booking & Accommodation
Our Reservations Team are available to take your calls
Daily: 9.00am - 5.30pm
t: 01803 400500
Enquiries for groups of 20 or more please contact our Group Sales Team
Mon - Fri: 9.00am - 5.00pm
t: 01803 400600
Weddings, Conferences & Events
t: 01803 400600
t: 01803 400300
t: 01803 400145