Our Hotels are located on Belgrave Road, Torquay, Devon TQ2 5HS
One of the great things about taking a holiday at home in the UK is the time (and money) you can save on travelling. The English Riviera, South Devon’s beautiful bay, has been a popular seaside tourist destination for well over a century, so it has excellent, well-established travel links with the rest of the country.
Getting here by car
You’ll find us on the south coast of Devon, just south of Exeter and east of Plymouth. If you’re coming down from the north, head for the M6 or M1 towards Birmingham and then take the M5 southbound. If you’re coming from the Midlands, take the M5 down to Exeter, and then join the A380. From London, take the M4 from Bristol and then join the M5 southbound. From Newton Abbot, follow signs for Torquay. Further information on route planning and journey times can be downloaded via the AA Route Planner.
Taking the Train
With excellent links from London Paddington, taking approximately three hours, Birmingham three and a half hours and Bristol under 2 hours the English Riviera is an excellent holiday destination. Visit the National Rail website.
Convenient coach travel
Because the English Riviera is such a popular UK holiday destination, many nbational and regional coach providers offer good value tickets. For timetables and fares contact National Express or your local coach travel company. Further information can be found via the National Express website or your local newspaper for coach companies departing from your home town.
Arriving by Air
If you live near a major airport, travelling by air can be fast and convenient. Check online for flights to Exeter International Airport. Shuttle buses run regularly from the airport to Exeter city centre, from where you can take a train, bus or taxi to Paignton or Torquay. Further information on Exeter International Airport can be found via the Exeter Airport website .
Getting around by bus
Once you've arrived in the English Riviera it's so easy to get where you need to go by bus you'll never need to use your car! Brixham, Paignton and Torquay all benefit from a comprehensive bus network which will take you to many of the destinations and attractions in the area. Stagecoach South West and Torbay Buses Ltd offer great services covering the English Riviera. Further information, including bus timetables can be downloaded via the traveline website .
Getting around by taxi
There are taxi ranks located immediately outside the coach and train stations throughout the English Riviera. Torbay Taxis offer a service 365 days per year with 6, 7 & 8 seater vehicles.
Taking the ferries
From the end of March until end of October there are regular ferries between Torquay, Paignton and Brixham, the journey time is approximately 30 minutes (all sailings are conditions permitting). Further information can be found via the Dartmouth Rail River Company website or the We Ferry website . Daily Boat trips also depart from Torquay and Brixham to Dartmouth, journey time is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes each way.
- Summer Holidays in Torquay
- Make Lasting Memories in 2020 Why not enjoy the British summer and have a relaxing break in the English Riviera which is well known for wonderful beaches, beautiful coastlines and award winning attractions....
- Summertime Entertainment Traditional seaside holidays are still a top British favourite and Torquay has been voted top English seaside resort this year by Tripadvisor. Here at TLH Leisure Resort we go the extra mile to make sure our Summer programme is packed with more entertainment and activities...
- Summer for Couples
- Summer for Couples Not only does TLH hotels in Torquay cater for families, we also provide all different types of leisure and entertainment for adults, from Soul & Motown weekends to star cabaret acts. Our Albert’s bar screens football games, other sports, has karaoke and different live ...
- Summer for Families
- Summer For Families Here at our TLH hotels we have fun family breaks to keep the most energetic youngsters entertained and amused whilst on their holiday in Torquay. Toby Club 3-9s activities . Every day in the Toby Club we have competitions, craft fun, mini discos and face painting. ...
- TLH Summer Breaks
- TLH Summer Breaks Here in South West Devon we are renowned for some of the best weather in the early and late summertime. Our TLH hotels in Torquay have full programmes which are full with loads of different activities, entertainment and leisure guaranteed to suit everyone in the family. ...
TLH Derwent Hotel
t: 01803 400100
TLH Victoria Hotel
t: 01803 400200
TLH Carlton Hotel
t: 01803 400300
TLH Toorak Hotel
t: 01803 400400
Booking & Accommodation
Our Reservations Team are available to take your calls
Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 8.30pm
Sat & Sun: 9.30am - 6.30pm
t: 01803 400500
Enquiries for groups of 20 or more please contact our Group Sales Team
Mon - Fri: 9.00am - 5.00pm
t: 01803 400600
Weddings, Conferences & Events
t: 01803 400600
t: 01803 400300
t: 01803 400145