Torquay has always been known for its sunny climate and warm sandy beaches! There’s some great beaches to chose from especially Torre Abbey Sands – just a 5 minute walk from the TLH Hotels.
The main beach in Torquay is called Torre Abbey Sands and named after the Abbey that sits just inland from the beach. For families on holiday in Torquay this is the beach to head for. Easy access at a number of points including 2 slopes that allow wheelchair and buggy access.
With flat soft sand at low tide and numerous rock pools at the Corbyn Head end of the beach, Torre Abbey beach is one of the best Beaches in Torquay.
Torre Abbey Sands, Torquay
Type – Fine sand with rocks at one end.
Access – Multiple points of access with 2 being slopes.
Facilities – Multiple facilities including cafes, chips shops and ice-cream sellers.
Parking – Limited time paid parking along the sea road or via paid car parks.
- Attractions nearby including the Princess Pier
- Royal Terrace Gardens (Rock Walk)
- Princess Gardens
- Abbey Park and Meadows is just across the road from the beach
- Easy walk to the town centre of Torquay
Other great things to do in Torquay
Torquay offers plenty to do and and look out for our ‘out & about’ blog posts.
If you have a favourite place in Devon that you like to visit, let us know about it and tell us why!
Latest posts by Sally Starling (see all)
- Things to do in Torquay – Paignton Zoo - 23 July, 2021
- Agatha Christie Festival 2021 - 16 July, 2021
- Things to do in Torquay – Babbacombe Model Village - 12 July, 2021