Spring Birdwatching Break in Torquay
5 night birdwatching break with expert guide, Ashley Grove. Includes dinner, bed and breakfast as well as fantastic entertainment and leisure facilities.
We visit several of Devon’s top birdwatching sites to see a variety of bird species that take advantage of the early Spring the county enjoys.
Devon is an exciting area during the Spring season, as migrants like Osprey, Redstart, Wood Warbler and Hobby arrive on the south coast from their wintering grounds in Africa and Southern Europe.
The sites we will visit should provide a good cross-section of these new arrivals, as well as searching for local residents like Cirl Bunting, Dartford Warbler and Lesser-spotted Woodpecker.
- 5 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the TLH Victoria Hotel
- Pre-dinner drinks reception on the first night to meet your host/tour guide Ashley Grove and fellow bird watchers
- Half-day trip of bird watching to Yarner Woods
- Full day trip of bird watching at Dawlish Warren
- A talk on ‘How to be a bird watcher’
- Half-day trip to Woodbury Common
- Evening talk ‘Shetland to Scilly, Birds of the British Isles’
- Transport for all trips is included
- Packed lunches are not included but can be ordered at your hotel
There’s plenty to keep you busy with access to our amazing Aztec Leisure facilities, plus a range of daytime activities from our own TLH Entertainment Team. Or you can simply relax in one of our comfortable lounges.
The TLH Leisure Resort hotels are only a 5-minute walk from Torquay seafront and marina so it’s easy to get out and explore the local scenery. Historic Torre Abbey is situated directly opposite the TLH Toorak Hotel. With bus stops close by and the town centre only a short walk away, TLH Leisure Resort makes a great base for exploring the English Riviera and its many attractions.
Currently not available - please check again soon.
Prices shown are per person for the number of nights specified on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis, unless otherwise stated on the break detail page. Prices are based on 2 people sharing standard double or twin bedded rooms. Upgraded room types may be available at a supplement. Surcharges may apply for under occupied rooms. Dates shown are arrival to departure. Prices include all elements/activities listed on each individual break unless a specific surcharge has been listed. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.