It’s an exciting time to join Team TLH. We’re on a mission to be the ‘Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay’ with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it.
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will support our committed and professional team in the Hotel Kitchen, providing efficient and professional fast-paced service to large group bookings and private guests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Food preparation, cooking, serving from buffet area to a high standard of delivery and customer service and efficiency.
- Working in all areas of the kitchen supporting your colleagues and working as part of a team.
- Work in a safe way demonstrating good practice of food hygiene and fire, health and safety.
Our values – STARS
Our values are integral to our business and guide how we operate at every level of the organisation. The ideal candidate’s STARS values for this role are:
- Service – Promptly cooking, preparing and serving from the buffet area with a high standard of customer service and efficiency
- Teamwork – Working alongside other team members in the kitchen with the ability to follow instruction
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
As part of the TLH Team, you will be available to take advantage of exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounts on Aztec Spa treatments and facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and family
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Up to 28 days annual leave
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
This is a full-time role of 42 hours over 5 days, including split shifts and weekend availability.
Hourly Rate: £10.42 per hour – Aged 19+ (£9.50 per hour for ages 16-18)
About TLH Leisure Resort
Open 365 days of the year, TLH Leisure Resort is based in the heart of Torquay. Comprising four inter-linked hotels which include the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels on a single site. We offer a range of accommodation and shared entertainment plus the well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join Team TLH? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. If you are intending to park on site whilst attending an interview, please ensure you register your vehicle at Hotel Reception to secure free parking.