It’s an exciting time to join our TEAM at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will provide support to our committed and professional team of colleagues in The Derwent Hotel Kitchen providing efficient and professional fast-paced service to large group bookings and private guests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Food preparation, cooking, serving from buffet area to a high standard of delivery and customer service and efficiency
- Working in all areas of the kitchen supporting your colleagues and working as part of a team
- Work in a safe way demonstrating good practice of food Hygiene and fire, health and safety
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
- Service – Promptly cooking, preparing and serving from the buffet area with a high standard of customer service and efficiency
- Teamwork – Working alongside other team members in the kitchen with the ability to follow instruction
- Attitude – Maintaining a positive and professional “can-do” attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Respect – Acting in a respectful way to all other members of the TLH team
- Safe and Sustainable – Abiding by all food hygiene and health and safety laws
What we have to offer:
- We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
- Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
- Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
- Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
£9.50 per hour – 20 hours over 5 days (11 am – 4 pm) casual working with the opportunity for increased hours for the right candidate.
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.