Lifeguard – TLH Aztec Leisure
TLH Leisure Resort comprises of the TLH Derwent, Victoria, Toorak, and Carlton hotels and Aztec Spa and Leisure sits within the heart of the resort. Aztec Spa and Leisure is loved by locals and hotel guests all year round and as a Lifeguard you will play a key role in the continued success of this much loved facility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To supervise the security and safety of the public ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the facility and carry out rescues as required.
- To maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff
- To assist the Pool/Duty Manager in the preparation and activities of the Aztec pools in a professional manner to ensure a high quality of service is provided to pool users and visitors.
- To maintain the facility to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- Carry out regular checks of the changing facilities, paying particular attention to customer safety, facility operation, security, cleanliness and hygiene.
- To comply with the Pool’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
- To demonstrate a good level of skill required for the role and to attend training to refresh and re-qualify
The Ideal person will need to be:
- Able to interact with customers professionally and welcome them to the facility
- Follow all health and safety Guidance in accordance with their role
- It is essential that you hold a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
What we have to offer:
More than just a job! We offer great colleague benefits, a fun and friendly working environment and training and development opportunities for the right person.
- Colleague Discount Scheme, including free use of gym and swimming pool, discounted use of Aztec Leisure facilities and discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
- Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
- Profit Related Bonus
- Free staff meals whilst on duty
- Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and rate of pay:
This is a permanent role with variable hours over 5 days depending on business need. The role does involve early starts from 7am and late finishes up to 9pm as well as working weekends. £9.50 per hour.
About TLH Leisure Resort:
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and covering letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.