It’s an exciting time to join our team at TLH Leisure Resort, which includes the TLH Derwent, TLH Victoria, TLH Toorak, and TLH Carlton Hotels. We’re on a mission to be the Number One choice for all Hotel Based Leisure in Torquay with an ambition to be busy 365 days a year! Our Star-studded team is the key to delivering our mission and we want the best people in the Bay to be part of it. As a Night Porter, you will be a vital part of the team as you respond to guests’ needs while also doing regular checks to ensure the safety of the building, guests and team members.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Representing the Hotel with a positive attitude and professional appearance
· Providing support and use of resources and product knowledge to assist guest queries
· Tend to the needs of guests or customers for the duration of their stay
· Deal with room servicing requests and Luggage handling
· Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if unable to handle
· Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift and that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift
· Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedure
· Provide efficient and friendly internal support to all departments
· Carry out cleaning duties inside and outside of the hotel
· Set up and clean down of entertainment, conferencing and meeting rooms, inclusive of food and beverage service for events and some hotel operations
· Carry out Health and Safety checks around the Hotel and adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations and company policy
· Reporting of maintenance jobs
· Coordinate in the event of a fire evacuation in line with company training.
The ideal candidate’s STARS values:
· Service – Responding quickly and professionally to the guests throughout the night aspiring to provide the best service
· Teamwork – Working alongside other members of the TLH team with the ability to follow instructions, prioritising and complete tasks in a timely manner
· Attitude – By maintaining a friendly and welcoming attitude with excellent interpersonal skills you will be able to remain calm under pressure
· Respect – Being respectful to both guests and other team members at all times
· Safe and Sustainable – To ensure the safety of the Hotel, its guests and the TLH team overnight by following health and safety regulations and company policies
What we have to offer:
We are more than just a job and we believe in providing our teams with exceptional company benefits including:
· Free use of the leisure facilities (during selected times)
· Discounted use of Aztec Spa facilities
· Discounts on accommodation and Aztec Leisure memberships for friends and families
· Full induction to ensure you hit the ground running
· Free staff meals whilst on duty
· Workplace pension scheme (subject to eligibility criteria)
Hours and Rate of pay:
We have two vacancies available:
We have two vacancies available:
£9.59p/h – Full-time 43.5 hours over 5 nights or Part-time 25 hours per week over 3 Nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11 pm-7:30 am
£9.59p/h – Part-time 25.5 hours per week Saturday, Sunday and Monday 11 pm-7:30 am
About TLH Leisure Resort
TLH Leisure Resort, based in the heart of Torquay, comprises 4 inter-linked hotels on a single site offering a range of accommodation, with shared entertainment. The well-renowned Aztec Leisure brand is the jewel in the crown, offering unique leisure and spa facilities to guests and locals.
Ready to apply?
Are you ready to join the TLH family? We’d love to meet you and discuss how you would be the perfect fit for this role. Please submit your CV and cover letter and apply online today. If shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview.