January is over, you’ve joined the gym and started going and you may have seen a difference, or you may not have.
If you have, GREAT, that is wonderful news!
If you haven’t, then maybe it is time to ask yourself some questions. let’s look at why that could have been.
- Have you been going to the gym consistently (3 times a week, every week)?
- Have you changed your eating (healthier foods, less snacking, less sugar)?
- Have you been pushing yourself in the gym (working hard and getting achy muscles)?
- Have you had achy muscles (means you have been working with the right weights and consistency)?
- Have you had expert advice in the gym (spoken to a fitness instructor or Personal Trainer)?
The answer to all of these will give you an idea of what you can do to make the change. You need to be working out ‘well’ at around 3 times a week.. ‘Well’ means you will be pushing yourself hard in the gym, you will be sweating and muscles will be aching (do not worry about aching muscles, this is a very normal occurrence and should be happening, it means your body is working). You should be eating better, you may have heard the phrase ‘you can’t out train a bad diet’. If you are eating badly, you are basically undoing all the work you’ve just done in the gym. You need to change how you are eating to compliment your gym programme, ensure you are having the correct calories and macro breakdown, eating the correct amount of fat, proteins and carbohydrates.
If you are unsure of what you are doing in the gym, come and speak to me! I am at the Aztec Gym to help you achieve your goals. If you need more personal advice and help, then I can book you a Personal Training appointment and we can get started on building a specific programme for your needs which will include dietary advice as well. View it as an investment into your health.
The only person that can make a change in your life is you, and the only way that can be done is over time with commitment to your health and consistency in your diet and exercise.You may not see a difference in your body straight away; it can take about 4-6 weeks to start seeing the change, so do not get disheartened, stick with it.
It can be a difficult and sometimes a big mental game to push yourself to go and train when your mind may not be into it, but it always feels so much better when you do and you know yourself that you are working towards those goals that you want and aiming for that fitter and healthier lifestyle.
DISCLAIMER: you will not see the results you want in 2 gym sessions!
Come and find me in the gym for a chat or book in an appointment at the Aztec Reception on 01803 400190.
Latest posts by Matt White (see all)
- ELEMIS x Hayley Menzies Gift with Purchase - 17 June, 2021
- IT Colleague Boxing in aid of Cancer Research UK! - 3 June, 2021
- Watersports in Torquay – Rib Rides, Water Bikes and Sea Safaris - 14 April, 2021