A classic omelette is such a quick and easy meal which can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This protein-packed option is lower in cholesterol as it uses fewer yolks than your usual recipe.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions white and green parts kept separate and finely chopped
- a few slices of wafer-thin extra-lean ham, shredded
- 25g reduced-fat mature cheddar
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites well in a bowl with some seasoning and set aside. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan and cook the pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add the white parts of the spring onions and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour in the eggs and cook over a medium heat until almost completely set.
- Sprinkle on the ham and cheese and fold the omelette in half. Continue to cook to your liking (less time for a soft and fluffy centre, or a little longer if you prefer it completely set) . Serve straight from the pan with the green part of the spring onion sprinkled on top, the chopped tomato and some wholemeal toast or a small jacket potato if you’re hungry.
Let us know if you give this recipe a try or do you have other favourite fillings?
Latest posts by Matt White (see all)
- Watersports in Torquay – Rib Rides, Water Bikes and Sea Safaris - 14 April, 2021
- 6 Reasons You Need a Facial at the Aztec Spa Torquay - 9 September, 2020
- Get Summer Ready with us here at the Aztec Spa in Torquay - 23 June, 2020