Who doesn’t love gorgeous, gooey, melt-in-the-mouth Fudge with a cup of tea! Here at TLH Leisure Resort in Torquay we make our own homemade Devon Fudge. Our TLH Toorak Head Chef Nick Coombes’ homemade fudge is a popular treat for everyone. Find out his recipe and see how he makes his scrumptious fudge!
Here is Nick’s guide to making his delicious homemade Devon Fudge:
- 12 – 14 inch tin (1 1/2 inches deep)
- 1& 1/2 kilos of granulated sugar
- 330 grams of glucose
- 1/2 a litre of double cream
- 85 grams of butter
- 650 grams of white or milk chocolate (Good quality)
You will also need a sugar thermometer.
- Boil sugar, glucose and cream to ‘soft ball’ on the thermometer between 100°C – 120°C .
- Take off the heat whisk in the butter and chocolate
- Pour into the tray and leave to cool for a couple of hours
- Then place in the fridge for 24 hours
- Cut and serve
Take a look at Nick in action!
Don’t forget to let us know how you get on with trying Nick’s recipe! We would love to see all of your pictures.
Latest posts by Sally Starling (see all)
- Things to do in Torquay – Paignton Zoo - 23 July, 2021
- Agatha Christie Festival 2021 - 16 July, 2021
- Things to do in Torquay – Babbacombe Model Village - 12 July, 2021