Who doesn’t love gorgeous, gooey, melt-in-the-mouth Fudge with a cup of tea! Here at TLH Leisure Resort in Torquay we make our own homemade Devon Fudge. Our TLH Toorak Head Chef Nick Coombes’ homemade fudge is a popular treat for everyone. Find out his recipe and see how he makes his scrumptious fudge!
Here is Nick’s guide to making his delicious homemade Devon Fudge:
- 12 – 14 inch tin (1 1/2 inches deep)
- 1& 1/2 kilos of granulated sugar
- 330 grams of glucose
- 1/2 a litre of double cream
- 85 grams of butter
- 650 grams of white or milk chocolate (Good quality)
You will also need a sugar thermometer.
- Boil sugar, glucose and cream to ‘soft ball’ on the thermometer between 100°C – 120°C .
- Take off the heat whisk in the butter and chocolate
- Pour into the tray and leave to cool for a couple of hours
- Then place in the fridge for 24 hours
- Cut and serve
Take a look at Nick in action!
Alternatively you can purchase a box of Nick’s homemade scrumptious Devon Fudge from the TLH Toorak reception for only £1.50.
Don’t forget to let us know how you get on with trying Nick’s recipe! We would love to see all of your pictures.
Latest posts by Rosie Deakin (see all)
- Nick’s homemade Devon Fudge Recipe - 14 August, 2019
- Summer Skincare: Top Tips for Travelling - 23 July, 2019
- Get Summer Ready with us here at the Aztec Spa in Torquay - 23 June, 2019