January is officially over, and many of us have already given up on our New Years’ resolutions; instead of going to the gym three times a week, it’s possibly dwindled down to once a week, and instead of salad for lunch every day, perhaps the odd dessert has already managed to sneak its way back onto the menu. To make matters even worse we’ve now got Pancake Day looming, to bring us even more temptation – oh dear! Fret not though, it is possible to eat pancakes without giving up all your good intentions! This is how to make a quick, healthy panacake:
1. Mash up a ripe banana with a fork until there are no lumps.
2. Whisk two eggs, pour them into the banana mixture and stir it all together.
3. Drop the batter into a hot pan with oil or butter (use coconut oil if you want to be extra healthy!) and fry like you would a normal pancake.
4. Serve your healthy pancake hot with fruit or berries and you’ve got yourself a guilt free treat, without any gluten or dairy in it. For a little bit of naughtiness, add a drizzle of natural honey to make it even sweeter – enjoy!
Show Us Your Healthy Pancakes – We’re Social
Shrove Tuesday is usually great fun. In our household, pancake flipping competitions usually ensue followed by everyone trying to out do each other on making their pancakes look the best.
If you try our recipe or want to share one of your own, we’d love to see your pictures and videos. Tag us in your posts on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #TLHhotels and we’ll share the best ones.
Our Healthy Pancake with Honey and Blueberries
Latest posts by 2013-03-01-11.12.31 (see all)
- Torbay Beaches Amongst the best in the UK - 15 July, 2019
- Which are the Best Hotels in Torquay? | View our Top 4 - 28 November, 2017
- Reservations Manager Cuts Hair for Little Princess Trust - 21 September, 2017